I am a stay at home mom who homeschools a 5 year old and has an 23 month old. My husband is a youth pastor at the church we have been attending for the last 9 years. We live a pretty simple life with a whole lot of craziness along the way.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New Day

So, I haven't posted much because I don't feel like bringing others down. I have been going through some stuff, but know that things will get better with time. I am trusting God that He knows what is best and that even though I don't understand things, I need to trust Him.

So, for those who don't know I am a homeschool mom and needless to say, it was an adustment going from working part time with a daughter in pre-school to home all the time and teaching a five year old. I am very proud of her now, she has learned to read pretty well, depending on the length of the word and can write her first name in script quite well. She has a small attention span and needs to be told to sit down quite often, I know this to shall pass. Overall though, I am quite happy with her progression and hope that I can continue to teach her for as long as possible or until God tells us to do something different.

Jacob is getting big now and I'm not ready for his 2nd birthday in June. He still doesn't talk a whole lot but what does he need to when he knows how to sign to me that he wants milk, drink or food. The only problem is knowing what food he will eat each day. He can be a challenge and spitting his food back out because he decides he wants some drink is getting old. He is a sweety though and defintely loves his momma, I think he's too attached at times.

Grant is doing an amazing job at work, and it just reminds me each day that he is doing what God has called him to do. He loves those kids and I know he just wants every one of them to know and follow Jesus. He has been trying to help at home when he can and I defintely appreciate that.

We have also began Financial Peace University in the past few weeks and I think this is an amazing class that everyone should take no matter the financial situation. There is alot to learn and some things are very eye-opening. Looking forward to the next class already.

No comments:

Post a Comment